COMMERCIAL PROPERTY MANAGER
Greater Orange County. Property Management, very experienced. Medical Buildings, Industrial Parks, Mobile Home Parks, Shopping Centers, Office Buildings, etc.
Leasing, tenant relations, rent collection, bill payment, Common Area Maintenance (CAM) accounting, property inspection, scheduling of maintenance and repairs, investigation of complaints, problem resolution, preparation of monthly rent statements, record keeping and preparation of detailed reports and budgets. Seeking a Commercial Property Management position in the Greater Orange County area. Trust Administration
• Maintenance and Repairs • Planning/Marketing/Leasing
• Property Management/Supervision • Collections/Record Keeping
• Property CAM Accounting • Tenant Relations
• Negotiations • Inspection/Scheduling
• Complaint Resolution • Problem Sensitivity
• Innovation • Adaptability/Flexibility
Convenience Center Property Manager (Part-Time) January, 2010-Present
Frances Elliott Plaza, Arroyo Grande, California
• Discovered over $30,000 in unpaid rent increases and CAM adjustments that previous property manager failed to bill; collected from all tenants.
• Recovered $32,100 in property taxes for the owner’s. Improvements were re-assessed when property sold even though ownership did not change. Researched and discovered an error made by the San Luis Obispo property tax assessor’s office.
Trust Administrator / Supervisor of Property Manager(s) 1999-2009
Frances Elliott Trust, Valencia/Arroyo Grande, California
• Converted a Living Trust with no assets to a foundation which distributes an annuity of $15,000 – $27,000
• Provided guidance and cost control to three property managers, which maximized profits for Trust and ensured long-term sustainability.
Manager, Real Estate Department / Commercial Property Manager
California Target Enterprises, Inc., Downey, California
• Managed Real Estate department for a chain of 160 self-serve gas stations.
• Increased rental income by over 25% by developing a plan to spend a few hundred dollars at 24 units to make the bays marketable. Rented/ leased bays at these units in less than 6 months; bringing total rent roll to over 100.
• Bachelor of Science, Health Sciences, California State University, Northridge
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
SAV-ON Gas Stations, Inc. – Gen. Mgr. / V. P. (Operations)
Performed site acquisition for self-serve locations, construction supervision, in charge of entire operation: HR, Inventory Control, Ordered petroleum products, Set retail prices, Set-up training and bonus wage system, Marketing, Accounting, assisted with insurance claims and legal issues.
Lew’s Gas – Lessee / Owner / Operator
Leased a closed gas station in a very good location, retrofitted pumps for pre-pay, HR, Inventory Control, Ordered petroleum products, Set retail prices, Marketing, Accounting, coordinated legal, sold business at a profit
CA Target Enterprises, Inc. – Manager of Real Estate Department (Comm. Prop. Mgr.)
Hired to run a retail division; when sale did not go through took over Real Estate Department. Reorganized department by performing analysis on over 100 leases and creating abstracts for them. Got bids for two dozen locations which needed items such as roll-up doors, hoists, air compressors, etc. and had them leased out within 6 months; thus increasing rental income for the company by over 25%.
Polar Palace Frozen Yogurt – Lessee / Owner / Operator
Researched, designed and supervised construction of frozen yogurt shop. Purchasing, maintaining equipment, shared operation and other activities with wife. Unique independent store offering 72 toppings and designer lay out. Forced to close when AM/PM started selling yogurt in their adjacent location.
Allstar Quick Tune and Lube – Site Acquisition and Real Estate
Start-up franchisor in Irvine asked me to find locations in three Western states for their Quick Tune and Lube franchise.
State of California, Cal/EPA – Integrated Waste Management Board – Environmental Scientist
Performed State/Federal inspections at non-hazardous, solid waste facilities in Central and Southern California for 8 ½ years. Issued Notices of Violation, conducted re-inspections, Issued Cease and Desist Orders or Administrative Complaints, as indicated.
Conducted investigations and performed inspections at waste tire facilities, businesses and residences from Inyo to the Mexican border. Made sure tire haulers had necessary permits and paper work. Issued Notices of Violation for businesses and residences storing too many waste tires without the proper permit. Worked with Board attorneys when we took owners/operators to Administrative Court. Retired after 10 years.
Frances Elliott Trust – Conservator / Lead Co-Trustee
Took over as Mother’s Conservator when she was stricken with Cerebral Aneurism in January of 1999. Had to make health decisions, take over her finances and over see her shopping center. Became Lead Co-Trustee when she passed away in September of 2000. Still managing Trust.
F.C.E. Commercial Property Management – Retail Property Manager
Took over managing Convenience Strip Center on January 1, 2010. Got property taxes reduced from $20,000 per year to $12,000. Shopped insurance and other vendor services for better prices. Collected past due rent increases & CAM charge adjustments for previous 2 ½ years. Increased value of center by over $1 million in just first 18 months of management.